Thursday, March 11, 2010

Getting Ready for the Big Opening


It's coming, it's coming!!!




All the hard work, dedication, late nights, weekends, dreams, tears, laughter.... all culminated in one little park that will be open for business VERY SOON. I don't know if YOU all know how amazing Cathy Benda and Jessica Della Valla have been during this endeavor, but I have seen it up close and personal, and I have to say.... awe-inspiring. The tenacity, perseverance, optimisim, and dedication these two women have shown to make this park a reality is truly inspiring. The U.P. did not JUST start having long winters, and Yoopers did not JUST start having children. The need has been there for years and years. This park was born because two of the right people met at the right time. If you see Jessica or Cathy, PLEASE pat them on the back. The kids of our community are lucky to have such incredible women advocating for them.

March 22nd. Open for PLAY!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment